Cirrus, the "Calculated Degen," has homed in on an NFT trading strategy that has worked across bull and bear markets, and he didn't get a head start by joining the game early. Cirrus runs a Twitter account with clear directions on his trading strategy, which he breaks down in this deep dive episode with NFTStatistics.
- [00:00] Intro.
- [02:18] Who is Cirrus?
- [03:34] How Cirrus started trading NFTs, and how it's going now.
- [04:58] Cirrus' background.
- [06:25] How surviving cancer twice affects Cirrus' risk tolerance.
- [08:03] Where Cirrus has found his most consistent gains.
- [10:06] How Cirrus turned .6 ETH into 150.
- [13:40] How does Cirrus' original strategy work in the current market?
- [15:36] Reconciling quick profits with potential regrets for selling too low.
- [18:54] Researching projects to buy/sell.
- [21:48] How the NFT marketplace provides so many opportunities for novices.
- [25:18] Projects currently worth trading.
- [28:43] Sometimes even the most experienced traders make big mistakes.
- [30:38] Are trading bots getting too sophisticated?
- [32:31] Cirrus spends more time lending than trading these days.
- [38:21] Adapting to events that throw the market into chaos.
- [40:47] What drives Cirrus' bullishness in the NFT space?
- [47:46] Advice for someone going into the lending space.
- [50:57] Alpha groups.
- [57:05] Art Gobblers.
- [1:00:56] Blur.
- [1:05:11] Thoughts on royalties.
- [1:09:40] y00ts.
- [1:11:45] DeGods.
- [1:14:48] Parting thoughts.