Ed Balloon is an artist, screenwriter, musician, and dancer. Here, Ed discusses the origins of the Run Ed collection as an amalgamation of all his artistic disciplines, the code-switching required as a BIPOC in WAGMI culture, and Kevin drops alpha on his step aerobics history.
- [00:00] Intro.
- [00:59] Who is Ed Balloon?
- [03:44] What pulls Ed in so many directions?
- [06:41] From stop motion to NFTs.
- [10:36] The challenges people of color face when entering the NFT space.
- [12:48] The code-switching required as a BIPOC in WAGMI culture.
- [17:28] The problem with Twitter's algorithm choosing your friends.
- [21:01] What can the NFT space do to be more welcoming to BIPOC?
- [25:24] The Run Ed collection.
- [28:27] Ed really does run. And he's RIPPED!
- [30:52] How Kevin was introduced to Ed's work.
- [32:08] The Ed Balloon Generational Wealth Fund.
- [33:23] A piece Ed recently sold for 10 ETH.
- [34:22] The story behind Ed's Digital Diaspora exclusive music video drop.
- [37:20] The making of Don't Rock The Boat (Watery Eyes).
- [39:46] Miscellaneous works on Foundation and Catalog Works.
- [41:59] Dealing with the anxiety surrounding a new drop.
- [46:22] Finding ways to make fellow BIPOC artists more visible.
- [48:25] What's next for Ed?
- [51:14] Why everyone is welcome when Ed engages with the BIPOC space.
- [57:10] Kevin details his vast experience with step aerobics and line dancing.
- [1:00:43] Real friends are really honest.
- [1:06:28] Parting thoughts.