Grant Riven Yun, a PROOF Grails Season II artist, joins NFTStatistics to discuss the nontraditional digital origins of his art and how he harnesses the power of ADD as a medical student, pro breakdancer, and top-tiered NFT artist.
- [00:00] Intro.
- [02:06] What does Grant aim to convey with his art?
- [05:00] How Grant chooses his subjects.
- [07:16] Finding beauty in everyday surroundings.
- [09:36] The recent Sotheby's sale: how it transpired and why he chose the featured piece.
- [12:37] Guessing what the market wants.
- [14:16] gn.
- [16:56] Grant's thoughts on CC0 and earning revenue from his work.
- [21:17] Grant's art background and sources of inspiration as a "neo-precisionist."
- [35:06] You don't have to worry about breaking the rules if you bypass them entirely and create your own.
- [38:41] When participating in the overall NFT community as an artist, Grant says "oversharing [is better] than not sharing at all."
- [46:07] Prioritizing how to best interact with potential collectors and publicize one's work in the NFT space.
- [52:49] Balancing supply with demand.
- [1:03:23] How does Grant find the time to be a doctor and a breakdancer on top of his NFT art career?
- [1:05:39] Distraction as a superpower.
- [1:08:12] Breakdancing and NFTs as IP.
- [1:13:21] The story behind Grant's distinctive "cow" PFP.
- [1:17:03] Art Grant has been collecting.
- [1:18:45] Is Grant a digitally native artist by preference?
- [1:21:12] On the phenomenon of momentum.
- [1:25:52] Parting thoughts.