Kevin Rose and Derek Edwards Schloss host a live episode of 100 PROOF from Miami during Art Basel Week at the Hodler Gallery with Larry Ossei-Mensah, gmoney, and IX Shells.
- [00:00] "Are we live right now?"
- [00:43] Hats off to professionalism (unless you're Kevin).
- [01:23] Who is Larry Ossei-Mensah, and how has he been enjoying the event?
- [03:32] How did Larry get involved in contemporary art curation?
- [08:28] How do Larry's traditional art colleagues feel about his Web3 involvement?
- [10:52] How a curator sources artists and their art in the Web3 world.
- [14:13] What personality traits make an artist better able to succeed in Web3?
- [16:35] Importance of an artist's cadence and release schedule from a curator's perspective.
- [19:02] Whose work is Larry excited about collecting currently?
- [22:31] What Larry wishes traditional and Web3 art communities understood about each other.
- [25:36] Where people can find Larry.
- [27:00] gmoney revealed! Why now?
- [29:25] gmoney's fashion NFT collaboration with Erick "Snowfro" Calderon.
- [34:38] The point of including an NFC chip in the shirts generated by this project.
- [38:45] The possibilities of POAP-induded gamification and community building.
- [44:05] Optimizing the potential of Web3 to make cool stuff.
- [47:00] IX Shells has entered the chat room.
- [47:33] How IX Shells has been enjoying the event.
- [48:14] IX Shells' journey through the Web3 world so far.
- [50:48] What the future looks like for IX Shells.
- [54:06] IX Shells' toolkit for creation.
- [57:23] Finding a balance between ephemeral and timelessly tangible.
- [1:01:28] Has the FTX debacle had an impact on IX Shells and her peers in the NFT creation space?
- [1:04:41] What's in store for the new year ahead?
- [1:06:20] Parting thoughts.